- Completed High School education (Matura or equivalent), and eagerness to develop knowledge further.
- Good command of English (written and spoken), knowledge of German advantageous.
- Knowledge of the basic pillars of web software development (SQL and PL/SQL, HTML, HTML5, CSS, JS).
- Experience working with data in a structured way.
- Basic knowledge of data exchange formats (e.g. XML, CSV, JSON, XLSX).
- Experience with SQL language, Oracle RDBMS, basic programming skills, and the ability to read code and understand its basic functionality.
- An understanding of Unix/Linux operating system commands and scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and a keen sense of initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Experience with Oracle EBS would be advantageous.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize, and work in an organized and efficient manner, paying attention to detail.
The selected candidate should be available to take up the position as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial fixed term employment contract for three months, that with the agreement of both parties, can be extended thereafter to an open-ended appointment. While the position is full-time (40 hours per week), applicants wishing to work part-time hours will be considered.
Duties will be carried out at the IIASA premises in Laxenburg, Austria.
Please note: This position is classified as a "General Service" post (moving and settlement allowances will not apply).
The minimum annual gross salary for this position is € 29,783.00 which is exempt from income tax in Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation – “Progressionsvorbehalt”).
The advertised salary is:
- Negotiable, based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the selected individual
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security
- Not directly comparable with other employers in Austria, due to the unique legal status and privileges granted to IIASA
Details about further attractive benefits here.