Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. We have developed a software solution in the field of AI and ML that will make a significant change in the efficiency of our biopharma production processes. We work in international, cross-functional teams with domain experts to explore and harness the potential of Data Science for our business. The mission is to successfully establish the software solution in our biopharmaceutical business and to further enhance it with additional models and functionality.
As Data Scientist, you are responsible to enable the business to leverage large sets of data and data analytics within the biopharma production processes. This includes designing, developing and delivering data models and products from a multitude of data sources using leading-edge technologies such as mechanistic modeling and machine learning to produce innovative solutions that help Boehringer Ingelheim turn data into business value.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Collaborate across the business to understand data, IT and business constraints
- Prioritize, scope and manage several data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data
- Actively network on a regular basis with domain experts to better understand the business mechanics that generated the data
- Identify, evaluate and implement the most appropriate algorithm for the specific challenge
- Promote collaboration and learnings with other data science teams within the organization. Encourage reuse of artifacts and best practices
- Master’s degree in computer science, data science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics or a related quantitative field
- 5 years of relevant work experience in data science
- Proficiency in developing predictive and prescriptive algorithms
- Experience in machine learning algorithms (e.g. Neural Networks, GBMs)
- Experience in using optimization techniques (e.g. genetic algorithms, simulated annealing)
- Experience in setting-up, administrating and querying SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Neo4j, CouchDB, etc.)
- Professional development experience with Python, experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.) and good knowledge of differential equations
- Comfortable conducting statistical hypothesis testing (e.g. A/B testing)
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.