THE POSITIONEnterprise Computing Services (ECS) is a reliable and agile group in IT Infrastructure that develops and delivers innovative technologies to all businesses at Boehringer Ingelheim. We do develop and deliver "State-of-the-Art" IT-Systems and Products to meet evolving business demands for Boehringer Ingelheim. We offer an open-minded culture allowing people to grow, innovate, and develop. In order to meet business demands we transform our Enterprise Computing Services by adapting and modernizing our approach utilizing agile principles and DevOps methodologies for building, delivering and supporting our services. We provide Self-Service consumable Software Defined Infrastructure that is reliable, flexible, and elastic to empower the business to focus on value-add activities.
Are you interested? Join our team in Vienna to provide tailored IT Infrastructure services especially for Automation systems in Biopharmaceutical production (IT4OT).
Tasks & responsibilities
- Deliver tailored IT services in close collaboration with business supporting functions like Engineering and Technology, IT Infrastructure and IT Service providers
- Enable value-added business processes by designing and implementing the right level of IT support based on existing and adjusted IT services
- Demonstrate a sound and comprehensive understanding of the important BioPharma business processes, influence IT-related business decisions on one hand and define and establish tailored IT4OT services fitting to the specific needs
- Consult business teams on solution alternatives and process adaptations to achieve effective and efficient technical solutions in a timely manner, fully compliant to BI processes, GxP validation, IT security, etc. and represent IT strategy on close cooperation with other IT towers
- Support and lead IT projects or participate in cross-functional project teams, in a global, multicultural and diverse environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or at least 4 years of professional experience in IT or BioPharma automation
- Very good understanding of IT- and OT-Architecture and Technologies preferable in the area of Manufacturing and Manufacturing Operations Systems (ISA88, ISA95). Knowledge about SCADA, DCS and PLC systems and the used underlying Infrastructure are beneficial
- Good knowledge of modern BI Enterprise Computing systems and existing BI IT Services like server hardware, operating systems (Linux or Windows), VMWare environment, backup technologies, storage, etc.
- Hands-on experience in applying agile project methodologies, including related tools such as Jira or Confluence, is a plus. Proven record in analytical thinking, problem solving, pro-activeness is required. Excellent communications skills and a team-oriented attitude are a must
- German and English working proficiency (verbally and written) and readiness for international business trips will be required
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.