Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. We developed a software solution prototype in the field of AI and ML that will make a significant change in the efficiency of our production processes and its profitability.
We are currently building a new team from scratch here in Vienna. The mission is to successfully establish this software solution for our production processes in our biopharmaceutical business in Vienna before implementing it globally.
As a Frontend Developer you will build the frontend services for full scale applications, including the design, development, testing and delivery. You will work collaboratively and iteratively to deliver fully functioning, web-based and mobile applications. As a Frontend Developer, you will also contribute to the architecture across the technology stack.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and development of the business logic and frontend services for full-scale applications
- Development of high-quality code based on defined user stories, including unit/integration tests and code documentation of suitable quality for the product increments in rapid iterations
- Support, maintenance and optimization of our development and production system environments including the continuous delivery pipeline
- Applying agile methodologies, the Frontend Developer closely co-operates with the product development team and the product owner to deliver a fully functioning and scalable application
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable experience, as well as first-hand experience of the intense collaboration in an agile software development team
- 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally additional background/experience in natural sciences
- Expertise in state-of the art programming languages (preferably Angular) and frontend technologies
- Knowhow in modern frontend frameworks and APIs, usage/building of test frameworks
- Experience in continuous development and deployment tools as well as container platforms and management systems
- Self-directed, able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.