The position will be located at the Vienna site of Boehringer Ingelheim RCV GmbH & Co KG being responsible for the right incumbent for the ongoing maintenance, optimization, 2nd and 3rd level support, planning and controlling of the IT systems, software and solutions related to both the departments of Quality Control & EHS, as well as for the delivery/coordination of relevant RCV/Europe projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring, controlling and ensuring the efficient operation of the defined process framework of complex systems and software related to Quality Control function as well as to EHS divisions, including systems’ interfaces to other business areas
- Managing day to day functional support, serving as an expert for existing systems and solutions in his/her assigned areas of accountability and provides technical consulting on the usage of quality control systems such as SAP QM, Labware (LIMS) and EHS related software like SAP (PM, EHS) as well as other related programs and solutions
- Acting as a liaison between the Global departments of IT Operations Quality Control Systems in Germany HQs and the local respective departments in the BI production site in Vienna, facilitating the collection and prioritization of business requirements and identifying local business needs in alignment with global IT standards
- Leading the deployment and rollout of projects related to systems and software in his/her assigned areas - at local/regional level - and handles relationships with external providers to ensure timely and efficient completion
- Keeping abreast of all new technological developments in order to identify IT technologies related to quality control and EHS processes that could provide Boehringer Ingelheim with a competitive advantage and proposes business process and/or system enhancements
- Driving IT innovation in the area of responsibility
- University Degree in Information Technology/Engineering or equivalent. A Master's Degree will be considered as an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a System Engineer or System Analyst in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of project implementation experience
- Excellent command of the English language, both written & spoken
- Competent knowledge of Quality Control and EHS components as well as processes, systems and solutions’ design. Familiarization with Quality Control and EHS software (not a pre-requisite, but an additional asset)
- Good understanding of quality control and validation documentation business processes as well as GxP regulations. Experience in Labware (LIMS) and SAP (QM) is desirable
- IT Service Management Standard e.g. ITIL would be appreciated
- Familiarization with software lifecycle management
- Experienced in modern ways of working (Agile Project Management, Design Thinking Approach)
- Willingness to travel
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.